Graduation is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning those announcements & parties! This year I opted not create a whole collection of pre-made graduation announcements but I am taking on custom orders starting today!
A little bit more about graduation announcements:
Why do people send out graduation announcements?
- Your parents are proud of your accomplishment and want to share with family & friends
- Your friends and family genuinely want to know about a major life event
- It’s tradition, among others like save-the-dates, birth announcements and holiday cards, your graduation announcements are the perfect place to start building your contact list.
- It’s a keepsake, like above with save-the-dates, birth announcements and holiday cards you will keep it for years to come.
What do you write on a graduation announcement?
A graduation announcement is not an invitation so the only things you need on there are:
- your name,
- the school you are graduating from,
- class of (year)
If you want to add more things to your announcement some popular ones are bible verses, quotes, and/or where you are attending college (for high school graduation announcements).
Who should you send them to?
You should send graduation announcements to anyone your family would send a holiday card to. This is a great time to start building your own list that will carry on with your for further life events you want to announce.
- Parents, Grandparents, Aunts/Uncles, Extended family members
- Friends and family friends
- Favorite teachers and tutors
When do you send them out?
Graduation announcements should be sent out at least two weeks before the event if you are including an invitation to a graduation party or the actual graduation ceremony. If they don’t include an invitation, you can send them up to six weeks after the event.
Custom Graduation Announcements
Just head to the shop and fill out the form to get started!